Monday, May 9, 2011

JUST GO WITH IT

“JUST GO WITH IT” (Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston & a really hot blonde)

No, don’t go with it. Stay home. Save your money. A one-laugh disaster with a great looking chick and an awesome scene of Jennifer Aniston in a skimpy bikini; other than that - & you could probably find the stills of the bikini scene online somewhere – there is absolutely no reason to waste your time with this crap.
I was watching a show on HBO recently with Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Louis C.K. & Ricky Gervais just sitting around talking about comedy. Chris made the comment that some people can be funny for a short period of time, but no one that isn’t genuinely funny all of the time can have a sustained career in comedy. I discredited his remark by saying, “Adam Sandler.”
And it isn’t just that he isn’t funny – he’s possibly the worst actor on the planet.
People slam Nicolas Cage for ‘walking thru roles just to collect a paycheck’ but at least he varies is style slightly from film to film to film to film, but Sandler is the same mumbling, juvenile slob in every single one of his humorless outings.
Here, he plays a plastic surgeon. A plastic surgeon who comes to work wearing an oversized plain blue shirt (untucked) with well worn frumpy blue jeans. The jackass isn’t even trying to commit to character! ‘Hi, I’m Adam Sandler pretending to be a plastic surgeon, isn’t this hilarious?’
Why, you may ask did I go to see yet another Adam Sandler film when I’ve been annoyed by every single one I’ve seen? It was Mother’s Day – my wife (mother of our two furry kids) had wanted to see it since it came out & so I sacrificed my dignity and took her to see ‘Just Go With It’...
On the one hand, I always enjoy viewing Jennifer Aniston on the big screen, but I’m also almost always disappointed with her script selections –I knew this one was going to be a huge disappointment walking in, so I wasn’t ‘let down’ by her. In fact, she was so hot in the skimpy bikini that when this rotten film comes to HBO, I’ll be setting my VCR (yes, I’m the guy that still uses video tapes) to record the 5minute ‘swimming in the water hole’ scene for posterity.
Hey, at least I have an early favorite for Worst Movie of 2011...

No comments: